Knock The Socks Off Potential Home Buyers
To sell a home in today's competitive market, it's not enough to simply vacuum the carpets, paint the walls, and straighten the furniture. To get your home to sell quickly and for more money, you will have to truly impress your home's buyers. Follow our staging tips below for expert tips or give The Just Call Brenda Real Estate Team a call — we have the resources to help!
Staging The Interior
Now some of you might be thinking, "I take good care of my home and it's in great shape. I don't really need to pay attention to these home staging tips, do I?" Home buyers in our market have extremely high expectations, so normal living presentation isn't enough. To create a great first impression, emphasize your home's strengths and pay attention to the smallest details.
Upgrading the Exterior
If you want to get buyers interested in your home, you'll have to make the best first impression. And to make the best first impression, you'll need to make sure the outside of your home looks phenomenal. Buyers tend to judge how a home looks on the inside based on how it looks on the outside, so you might want to consider asking for an objective opinion. We're more than happy to help!
Take Professional Photos
In order to get the highest price for your home in the shortest time, you need to market it well. Professional, high-quality photography makes a huge difference! Not only does it highlight your home's strengths, it will make your listing stand out from the hundreds of other properties on the market. The Just Call Brenda Real Estate Team can take care of the professional photography for your home.
Home Staging Checklist: Where to Start
You don't have to stage your home all on your own. We're more than happy to provide you with the resources you need, whether it's a trusted service provider or an objective opinion about how your home looks. Give The Just Call Brenda Real Estate Team a call at (919) 434-3434.
Inside Your Home
- Make necessary repairs now. A nice-looking home can lead more easily to an offer.
- Have your carpets cleaned or replaced, especially if you see that they are stained or dirty.
- Paint the walls with a fresh coat of paint, preferably in a neutral color.
- Open the curtains to create the illusion of more space in your home.
- Replace hardware, such as tarnished doorknobs or outdated cabinet pulls.
Outside Your Home
- Make necessary repairs, such as cleaning the gutters or redoing the driveway.
- Consider upgrading the lighting to impress buyers driving past your home at night.
- Power wash surfaces like your driveway, sidewalk, and exterior brick or siding.
- Mow and edge the grass to make your lawn look even more neat and tidy.
- Add flowers to your entryway to draw buyers' eyes to the focal point: your front door.
What's Your Home Worth Now?
A great first impression and great marketing can prompt a buyer to make an offer. An important factor in the marketing of your home is deciding on the right price. Upgrades, home improvements, and supply and demand for homes in your neighborhood all contribute to the price you set for your home, so you will need to compare your home to others in your community to see what amount is a fair price.
We can help with that, too. A comparative market analysis (or CMA) will help you see buyer trends and, more importantly, how much you could get for your home. Talk to The Just Call Brenda Real Estate Team and we'll provide you with a complementary CMA!